St Patrick’s Church is the Mother Church of two other parishes in Dumbarton – St Michael’s and St Peter’s. The Parish was founded in 1830 and the present church is the second one built as the first quickly became too small for the expanding Catholic population. Originally mainly a largely poor Irish Catholic congregation, as Dumbarton changed so have the people the parish serves and the parish is now made up of a diverse population with some long established families in the parish, but an increasing number of people newly arrived in the town.
More details of St Patrick's History can be found on: History of the church
St Patrick's Dumbarton
Strathleven Place, Dumbarton, G82 1BA
T: 01389 762503
The parish of St Patrick's is a parish of the Archdiocese of Glasgow, a designated religious charity, Number SC018140